This weeks workout of the week is a Back and Biceps Workout. This one is fun because it incorporates some super-sets and also negatives into the mix.
One way to make workouts a little harder is to introduce negatives. Negatives is a great way to overload the muscle by slowing down the lowering phase of the lift. An easy way to do this is to count till 2 when you lift and count to 4 when you lower. As you become stronger you can extend the lowering phase with a few more counts.
Are you ready for this? Here we go!
If this workout is too easy you can include 15 minutes of HIIT of your choice or do 2 rounds of jumprope exercises
- Pullovers 3 sets of 15
- Chin ups 3 sets of 10
- Stability ball hyperextentions 4 sets of 20
- Narrow grip seated cable row 4 sets of 15,12,10,8 (increase the weight with each set)
- Preacher curls – with slow negatives 4 sets of 12
- Cable rope press downs 4 sets of 12
- Alternating dumbbel curl 4 sets of 10 (10 on each arm)
- Resistant band bicep curl 1 set to failure