Monster High Doll with Armour

Hi everyone. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and everyone seems to be in good spirits.

I have recently started a new hobby  by customising my own little Monster High Dolls. After finishing my first doll I started on the second. The first one was very conservative in nature but I wanted to try something a bit more adventurous. I modelled my doll on one of my game characters in Neverwinter (when I still played :p)

109600_screenshots_20170402174146_1

Here we go from start to finish

First I started again by removing the doll’s factory paint with acetone ( nail polish remover), cotton buds and cotton balls. This time went much better than the first time even though I smudged her one eye a little. After removing the factory paint I washed her face with warm soapy water and left her to dry. If you look closely you’ll see that I couldn’t successfully remove all of the factory paint.

IMG_7766.jpg

Next I sprayed her face with Mr Super Clear and left her to dry for about 5 minutes.I then started to draw her face with my water colour pencils starting with the eyes, then the eyebrows, eye lashes and lips. I would start with light colours and work my way up to the darker colours, spraying her with Mr Super Clear between layers. I sprayed her around 5 times. As soon as I were happy with how a certain part of her looked I would spray her and then go over that area again with a darker pencil. Remember to sharpen your pencils often because that makes all the difference.IMG_7770

After finishing her eyes I added some face tattoo’s because she is a warrior 🙂

IMG_7844

Initially I wanted to do the full armour but it proved to be a bit harder than I planned so I opted for minimal body armour and a skirt. To do this I used a fun foam sheet. I drew my ideas on a piece of paper and copied it onto baking paper in order to trace it on the fun foam. I started with her swords.IMG_7794.jpg

I cut separate pieces to get the desired look and then just glued them together. After which I decorated the swards to look like elemental fire weapons.

IMG_7827.jpg

After the glue dried I cleaned it up a bit by cutting away all the excess pieces of glue and painted all the pieces with black acrylic paint. When this dried I went over the glued areas with gold acrylic paints to get this look.IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

I also had to paint her shoes black as I bought a doll with irremovable shoes and painted bodice, I then sprayed the shoes with Mr Super Clear to stop the paint from coming off over time.

IMG_7837

IMG_7839

IMG_7851

and there she is, my second little customised dolly 😀

IMG_7565-2

 

 

1
Simonette Lubbe

You May Also Like