Hello guys. This is our last week of vodka month and today I’ve got a Lemon Vodka Chicken recipe for your. This is a very simple twist to normal lemon chicken. You can use your normal lemon chicken recipe and add 4 tablespoons of Vodka to give it that extra kick. This recipe is safe for kids since all the alcohol is lost in the cooking process… unlike the Orange Vodka Cheesecake. I made the chicken with Sweet potato chips, roasted in olive oil, garlic and rosemary, since I was really in the mood for sweet potatoes 🙂 I got this recipe from the Food.com, it was really good but I do feel that it was a little too sour, next time I would like to use a little less lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- black pepper
- Char the lemon slices on both sides in a pan over a high heat and set aside.
- Set the moderate heat and add the oil.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl. Tip the flour into another bowl.
- Dredge a chicken breast in the flour, and then in the egg mixture. Place immediately in the pan. Repeat with the remaining breasts and saute the chicken until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the Vodka to the pan to loosen the flavor bits at the bottom of the pan by scraping with a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, parsley, basil, capers, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the mixture reduces by about a quarter. Return the chicken and grilled lemon slices to the pan and toss together.
- Serve the chicken breasts topped with the sauce.