Hi guys, today I would like to share this wonderful quiche with you. Its actually quite easy to make and the whole family will love it. This past week I’ve made it twice and each time I used different ingredients.
The first time I used mushrooms, sausages, onions and peppers and the second time I used bacon, bacon and onions. The base recipe includes 3 eggs, 3 egg whites, milk and cheese. Using this base you can add any of your favourite ingredients.
The cheese in this recipe really makes it a winner. Its best to use Mozzarella because cheddar leaves a lot of oil at the bottom of the dish once baked. Colby Jack cheese also works well.
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 80 gram sausages.
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 large Green pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees
- Beat the eggs together, just until its all mixed up. Add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper and mix.
- Saute the onions and garlic.
- Ct the sausage into pieces and fry with the onions and garlic.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to the frying pan.
- Lastly add chopped green pepper and fry together for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat and vegetables to the egg mixture and pour into a baking dish or oven-safe skillet.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.