Hey guys!! My dad is always on the lookout for meals that you can make with only a few ingredients, especially things that you already have at home or something that’s really cheap to buy, so every now and again he sends me some recipes to try out. This is one of them. Its a type of eggplant bake that can be used as a full meal on its own or as a side dish. You can eat it on rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. Depending on the price of vegetables, you could get away with less than $3 for a family of 4.
I love eggplant so I was eager to try the recipe.
It tasted great. It was a little sour from the tomato but also sweet from the yogurt. It doesn’t however look great when you take pictures of it 😛
- 3 big eggplants
- olive oil
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 Tbs white wine
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 small tub of yogurt
- 1 egg
- grated cheese or breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant into equal rings. Then rub them with olive oil. Fry in a pan until golden brown then remove and set aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic together until soft. Add the white wine, thyme, canned tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 3 minutes
- Pour the sauce at the bottom of a baking dish. Space the eggplant rings on top of the sauce.
- Hand whisk the egg with the yogurt. Pour it over the eggplant rings. Add some cheese on top if you please and bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.